Restore Balance. Whether you have had a single or bi-lateral mastectomy the best way to get a breast prosthesis, sometimes called a breast form that is right for you is to make an appointment with our certified mastectomy fitter who will meet with you one-to-one to explain your options, review selections and custom fit a breast form to your specific needs.
Just a quick note to thank-you, thank-you, thank-you for your wonderful encouragement and support today when I came in to buy a breast and bra. As this is all new to me, how do you think it felt to walk out of your store feeling like a whole person again? Well let me tell you, I did not think that it would have had as much of an impact on my self esteem as it did. I went to meet some friends for coffee after seeing you, and the look on my face must have told everyone that I am confident, healing and doing as well as can be 1 week after surgery, which I am.
- Breast cancer survivor
Breast forms come in a variety of shapes, sizes and materials. The reason for the extensive selection is to ensure that you will leave with a prosthesis that will come as close as possible to matching your other breast as well as your specific body type.
What to expect during your first appointment:
- Your first appointment will take approximately an hour. This will give us time to listen to your needs and perform the fitting.
- Please be prepared to bring: your favourite t-shirt or snuggest top and one bra that represents the style that you wore before your surgery.
- In the privacy of our fitting room, we start by discussing your surgery, your bra preferences and your life style. This will help give your fitter a better idea about your needs and which products will be right for you.
- Next we fit you into a soft cupped bra that allows both you and your fitter to see which prosthesis is best for you. Prostheses are sized 0-17 as opposed to cup sizes.
- Once you and your fitter have selected the prosthesis that fit you and your lifestyle you will choose from a wide selection of mastectomy bras.
You will leave with the right fit, feeling balanced and you can feel comfortable and confident getting right back to you daily activities.
Please ensure you check with your provincial government programs to help with the costs of your breast prosthesis.
Rebuild. Before surgery most women have a wide range of bras to choose from depending on the day and what they are wearing. You will probably want to build your lingerie drawer with bras that will allow you to feel comfortable regardless of your outfit or activity. At Compassionate Beauty, we carry a wide variety of bra types from sports bras, to T-shirt bras, to sexy lace bras.
Go Confidently. Many women fear that when they bend down their surgical scar will show. If your scars are a concern for you, we carry line of camisole bras that will provide extra modesty. As you can see in the photos below, the bra has a lacy insert that will not only look pretty, but offer you added confidence (again if there are not going to bra any images then this needs to go).
Care. Your prosthesis should be washed with a mild soap or the appropriate cleaner as recommended by the manufacturer, rinsed with clear water and patted dry with a towel. If you are wearing a contact form the adhesive should be cleaned using a drop of the recommended soap and scrubbed with the provided brush, rinsed and allowed to air dry. You may also dry with a hair dryer on the cool setting for a quicker drying time.
Variety. We are proud to carry hundreds of different shapes and styles of breast forms to suit the unique you. Our certified breast fitter will work hard to ensure that you choose a breast form that will compliment your lifestyle. Two of our favourite breast forms are featured below, watch these videos to learn more about Amoena’s Contact Form with Comfort Plus technology, and Trulife’s Impression Form – the lightest breast form on the market.